UEP or Unemployedpinoys.com is a site offering members to work on a project dashboard, with a guarantee of encoding jobs for Filipinos to earn money. It sounds really like an easy thing to do, so I spend some time to check on this site. So members will fill up a form submit to their official email address email@example.com & pay a registration fee of P350 or roughly around US $8.50.
I really force myself giving this site a chance, however there are some things that I found alarming, and I have no idea if it was intended by them, a rookie mistake or UEP is just not as legit as you think. I will leave you with your conclusions at the end of this post, but below are the things that I noticed from UEP.
1. Upfront registration fee. The domain title tells us that people going there need jobs/money, but this site asks for a fee before getting even started. I’m not saying that registration payment automatically equates to bogus or scam, but take note of popular job sites like Elance, Odesk or Freelancer, those sites are not asking for any initial payment. These sites operate on its own & was able to sustain the site without having the need to ask members paying for it. Besides a commercial site domain would only cost at around $12 or P500+ or unless of course their so called “dashboard” is also a subscription based from another provider, but still I don’t think that members should be shouldering the initial expenses.
2. Transparency. I have read their site info, but there was never a mention of actual founder/s of this site. This is real talk, famous online superstars are proud of their products or services, they are not shying away to tell to the world about them or the company they represent. They only put there Splunkeez Inc, I mean there is so little (or perhaps None) of available info about the company, that would make you believe that they have been operating for quite some time. And why it says City Province as their business scope, does it mean it is only limited to that area to operate, where as digital sites boundary can go from local to nationwide access? Other members brag about this DTI registration, but failing to see that business scope. How are they registered to DTI to begin with, like a local business establishment? Is it too much to say that if there is a problem with the legality of the company registration, they have no right to operate, much like establish a paid-to-do site?
3. They miss important site details. I don’t know about you but these are deal breakers for me:
- Their FAQ page is such a comedy, I mean why would you even call it Frequently asked questions, if there are no questions and answer list? They also have a funny note at the FAQ….
“In Doubt of Registration Fee? Then do not join, we are not even asking you to =)” To top that, they have a note at their Pre-account access documentation saying something like this: UEP Dashboard is only for those with positive views in life (To avoid being embarrassed daw by your own expectation) So people outside UEP are considered negative minded? Right, the likes of bank managers, president, yuppies, profs, etc.
- Wrong spellings which would mean it was not proof-read.
- The Policies tab links to the same Join Us page, as of this writing. (para sa mga pilosopo, check the time/date element)
The items I mentioned above are missed badly by UEP, ang pinagtataka ko lang, if nag ooperate na kayo early 2014, naniningil na rin ng fees that time, baket ang small details about your own site ay hinde pa polished? Thus the creation of this blog post.
4. UEP social links are not working. As a nitpick, I always look for the things that majority of people wouldn’t dare checking. I saw this from their main site, at the very bottom, and none of the links are working. So aside from their fb pages, you won’t be able to reach them via other medium. I mean why do they have to put it there if it serves no purpose at all? To be clear, para sa mga umaapila, I am not referring to their Facebook page like when it is established, I am talking about the social link from the UEP site. This is why I posted the screenshot below. In short, kung may FB link or other social info na pala kayo that time, baket hinde nyo na-hook-up sa sarili nyong UEP page? Ayan oh greyed out! Nakalimutan na naman? Kung FB link lang ang meron kayo, why also the need to put Gmail, Twitter and Youtube links? It causes confusion, or a nonsense aesthetic decorative element.
5. They are using a webmail as their official contact email address. I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER trust a company that uses free webmail like the ones from yahoo or gmail. (firstname.lastname@example.org) It made me think that they could not afford buying their own mail account. Like where is the company branding there?
I am not saying that those who get paid with proofs are completely accessory to the scamming. It might be true that they pay some members, perhaps to gain initial trust and let people advertise the site, in the long run, UEP won’t last. And who knows, the money they use to pay some members is the same registration fees they get from the newly signed up members. On top of that, they have the P100 per referral which substantiates why getting money out of referral is quicker to earn than encoding jobs, while they are advertising that you pay them to get jobs, not refer people. They can easily get away with that “networking concept” by saying it is an optional feature. But who are they kidding, really?
Anyways, you believe what you think is fair and right for you, hopefully you find some sense on the things I posted above. I simply do not like the idea of wasting hours for a task but not getting the money you work hard for. I’ve worked with professional online marketers and so we are very much aware on what a good, legitimate site content is. Unfortunately with all the available elements, I classify UEP under non-legit category. I certainly welcome comments from UEP representatives. If this is really a legit operating site as you claim, then defending it must not be that hard.
FYI: Comments that do not answer the views at my post and trying to lure my blog readers to signup at UEP, will automatically be deleted. If you have the temerity to invite people at least have the respect to read the post. You did not come here by chance, then the least you can do is to READ. This is a review page, stop recruiting people here.